Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Still Here...

I cannot believe it has been a month since I posted here!  Life has been rather full and at times crazy. But all in all good!  I have been working on a number of quilting projects lately.. you can read about them and see pix on my quilting blog.. the Quilting Belle 

Church has me a bit busy right now.  We just started our summer session of  FAITH ... an outreach program we do throughout the year.  Normally we go out on a week night, but this summer we are making our contacts on Sunday afternoons.  Great time to reach folks, but whew!  it sure is hot!

I love our church... it is far, far, far from perfect.. mainly because it is made up of human sinners just like me!  But it is one of the most caring and real groups of people I have ever known.  And we have a pastor who preaches the Word with boldness and grace.  Check out our blog:  Come to the Woods .. you will find some great messages and encouragement there.

I received the sweetest card in the mail recently from a new friend. She is a scrapbooker and loves to make cards.  Isn't this cute!?  I love pink and green! 

I have also been cooking a lot lately... for others!  Friends who have been in the hospital or had deaths in the family.  I've baked several pasta bakes and chicken spaghettis and of course, Mississippi Fudge Pies.  My hubby tweaked and experimented with a recipe years ago and came up with this amazing creation. (Just might be one of the reasons I married him!) It is now a tradition for our family to give this to friends and neighbors for Christmas, births, deaths, illness.. any occasion that warrants food.. and in the South that is pretty much anything!  They aren't the prettiest pies in the world. They puff up while baking and then fall as they cool.. but oh my the taste.. pure fudgy goodness.. especially with some whipped cream on top!  Hmmm... I have one in the freezer.. maybe I can think of an occasion here that calls for pie!


Be Blessed and Joy-filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment