Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a most wonderful Thanksgiving this year.  I truly think it is my favorite holiday.  Unless we are traveling to see family, we open our home to anyone who needs a place to come. Over the years we have had a number of elderly widows (friends of my mom's), an exchange student, and friends who are estranged from family or live to far away to go visit.  This year it looked as if we would have just the 4 of us and my mom.. which would have been just fine. But at the last minute, God sent us some folks to love on.... 2 of my daughter's co-workers and a friend of my son.

My husband is very artistic and loves to create lovely decorated tables for the holidays. He is a master at using things we have had forever (many bought at thrift stores or on clearance) and he always brings touches of the outdoors inside. Here are some photos of this year's Thanksgiving Table....





I think the kids and I take for granted having such a lovely table, but our guests always love it and feel special because of his efforts.

I wish I had taken a photo of the table filled with people.. it was a lovely sight.

After the big day, we spent the rest of the holiday hanging out at home.. enjoying each other's company... working on various craft projects... watching movies... reading... doing yard work (the boys not me! LOL!)... Mac and Mia loved having everyone home.

Mac guarded the iron while I was sewing....


but his resistance was weakened by the sunshine and he fell asleep....



Mia enjoyed sitting and sleeping in the sunshine too.... she is our pretty princess girl and she knows it!




Mac snoozed with on the bed with out daughter....



and Mia choose the couch.. I found this position interesting!


Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Here's looking to a lovely fun Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment