Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just a week...

What a difference a week can make. Last Wednesday night kids in our area were praying for a snow day. Keep in mind that I live deep in the sunny south... Mississippi... where snow is a rarity.  Schools had already missed two days earlier this year for snow days .. which ended up being ice days instead, so schools were hesitant to close.  Well we did get snow... a dusting of it... it was a "snow" day but the kids still went to school. Roads were clear, no ice (Praise the Lord!) so off they went.

I didn't take any pictures the days we had ice. Wish I had.. ice is much more dangerous around here than snow and not as rare, but it is also beautiful.  I did, however, venture forth in the aftermath of our blizzard (LOL!) and take photos of our snow.  Check it out...

Mia isn't sure what to think of this stuff....


Here is a bit collected on a crape myrtle.. 


I love the way our Magnolia looks with snow... 


Especially up close....


A week later all the windows are open and the back doors too.  I am barefooted and my son is relishing shorts weather!  The sun is shining soo bright.. there is not a cloud in the sky... the temps are in the mid70s and the humidity has settled down to a reasonable level.  Here we are a week later.... 

Mia is now fascinated by the new green grass and clover popping up... 


Lots of lush clover!


And even a dandelion bloom... 


I noticed that the watermelon crape myrtle has berries all over it. Soon there will be green leaves and then blooms!  When we moved into this house 20 years ago, my husband vowed that he was going to move that tree because it is up against the house and really not visible except from my corner of the back yard (which wasn't my corner yet).  Notice the tree is still there.. and I am happy about that. :-)


Put out a spring banner to welcome all the "greeness"... 


I was even able to hang clothes out to dry today!  LOVE IT!!!!


A few more Mac and Mia shots.. they are loving being outside in the sunshine and they will let me take their pix... my kiddos are too busy going here and there for me to snap them!  







I hope it is starting to feel and look like Spring in your part of the world!  Barb








No comments:

Post a Comment