Saturday, March 19, 2011

Patiently Waiting....

Mac has an uncanny ability to know when I am talking to my husband or one of the kids on the phone. He also knows when they are soon to be home.  Case in point.... son has been gone for a few days working at a youth retreat out of town. He calls to say he is back in town and on his way to the house.  At some point in my conversation with him, Mac realizes it is Luke and he drops his ball and stops playing and heads for his perch on the couch. Our den door opens onto a covered patio which connects to our garage. That perch provides a clear view to the door and anyone coming in.   Luke has a tendency to give a good bit of notice when he calls.. often as much as 5 minutes.  But Mac, who is normally ADD and a bit hyper, will sit and wait for whomever is returning home. And so he did with Luke:




Mac adores his family. He is happiest when everyone is home where he thinks they belong. If I believed in reincarnation, I would say Mac was my dad in his past life. Daddy was the same way... he would say he liked having all his chicks in the nest.  :-)

Both the chicks in the nest here are young adults. One right out of college and one in college. And both will be flying the coop soon. I use to wonder how I would do once the nest was empty... I think Mac will be there to commiserate with me. In fact, I may end up consoling him more than he consoles me!

No comments:

Post a Comment