Wednesday, May 16, 2012

the simple woman's daybook

I have seen this mentioned and shared on other blogs and always think it is neat. So I decided to try it here. I hope I do it correctly!  The main site is found here...  the simple woman's day book

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the sun is shining and I have been watching birds flit from flowers to feeders (which are now empty and need to be refilled)

I am thinking...that I need to do something more productive than being on the computer!

I am thankful...for the life the Lord has given me.. for peace.. for the assurance that He is Sovereign over every detail!

In the kitchen...I have yummy smoked chicken salad, as well as the makings for big green salads with grilled chicken and other yummy additions. Nothing cooking today.

I am wearing...t-shirts and shorts... at home attire.

I am creating...a scrappy disappearing nine-patch quilt.

I am going...to church tonight for our mid-week service REFRESH. 

I am wondering...how something is going to play out in my life.. waiting to hear about "it".. another lesson in patience!

I am reading... A Time to Heal by Barbara Cameron and Mighty Prevailing Prayer by Wesley Duewel.

I am hoping...in the Lord.

I am looking forward to...lots of things.. quiet weekend with my husband, starting up the next Ladies' Bible study at church in a few weeks, being with church family tonight to pray, .........

I am learning that thoughts are powerful and negative thoughts are often rooted in sin.. mainly pride!

Around the house...laundry is done (thanks to my sweet husband who finished it up for me!), the pups are napping (again!), it is quiet as I am home alone.

I am pondering... how to get my motivation back for exercising.. especially with the summer heat and humidity here!

A favorite quote for today... You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough for me. C. S. Lewis

One of my favorite things...my quiet time basket. It is a large footed basket we found at my grandmother's home after she died.  That was almost 30 years ago!  I have used it ever since and it still looks great. Keeps me connected to her. :-)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Normal house stuff.. more laundry, some cleaning, things like that. I need to catch up on some blogging.  Continue working on Bible study.  Church tonight and Sunday. Empty Nest Friday and Saturday. A fairly quiet week.. yeah!

A peek into my day... fabric is calling my name....



1 comment: