Saturday, July 27, 2013

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for .....

ICE CREAM!!!!

A massive love for ice cream is an genetic condition my husband inherited from his mother and had passed right on to our kids. LOL!  And homemade ice cream is the best in his opinion.

Now I am a good cook.. not bragging.. just being truthful.  But there are a few things I have not mastered and just don't really do well at all.. pie crust.. artichokes (don't really want to master them!).. homemade ice cream. I have made it a number of times over the years, but it is always too bland or grainy or just not good.

Earlier this summer I got a hankering and I decided to try again. I got online and read recipe after recipe and finally found one (through Southern Living I beleive) that sounded good and so I went for it.
And oh man!  Was it good.. to good!  I really could live off this stuff! It was firmer than regular homemade ice cream, but not hard and the taste was amazing.



Poor Mac couldn't understand why he couldn't at least lick the bowl!



No comments:

Post a Comment