Monday, December 31, 2012

What is that Noise?

A week or so ago, I was outside and I heard a rat-tat-tat. We have several River Birches in our yard that are old and in bad shape. They will probably be coming down in the next year or so, which makes me sad.  A woodpecker had discovered a damaged section and was having a blast.  I even caught a photo of him at work....



The next day, I was walking in the yard ago and was right under the tree when once again I heard his rat-tat-tat.  I looked up and there was the hole he had made earlier and sticking out of it.. his tail!  It was priceless!  That tail was moving in rhythm to his tapping. So much fun to watch. Then one of the pups heard someone speak in another yard and felt the need to make his presence known with a bark.  The tapping stopped and then Mr. Woodpecker popped his head out and looked all around before flying up into the safety of the higher branches.

I tried to get photos and videos, but it just wasn't to be. But I have great memories in my mind of watching a funny bird that day.  As I have started before, I love birds and the Lord has blessed us with many in our yard to entertain and delight us!

No comments:

Post a Comment