Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Little Corner of the Yard....

Several years ago my husband decide to transform our rather bland backyard into a bit of an oasis... still leaving room at the time for kids stuff, ike a swing set and sandbox. Those are gone now as the kids are college age, but the oasis is still here and more lush than ever. The best part, for me, is tucked away in the corner by our bedroom.  My old glider, hubby bought for my birthday 19 years ago, is in that corner with lots of beautiful greenery and flowers and a great view of the yard and bird feeders and bird baths.  I use to sit out there a lot, then life just got sooo  busy.  The corner was never lonely though, it became our son's go to spot.  He sat out there and sang while listening to his iPod (PTL he is a musician with a good voice) and he talked on his phone, guess he was after privacy!  Well, I am reclaiming the spot this year!  This past week I made myself stop "doing" and go sit on the glider with a book and some time. It was wonderful!  Here are some of the things I observed from my little corner of the yard....

Ok you can't see much here but that bit of golden-red fur and the black fur next to it are my 2 pups... Mac and Mia.. both are a year old (ok.. Mac is 13 months, Mia is 11 1/2 months.. close enough!)... they are minature long-haired dachshunds and will show up on this blog regularly! This is the back end of both of them as the are hunting in the bushes for an evil roly-poly or lizard!



Here are the wild wieners rolling around in the yard. Mia seems to always be on her back!  But don't worry... she can take care of herself.  When she gets tired of it all she grabs Mac by the ear or lip and puts a halt to it!

I love the red coloring on the leave of our nandina bushes and the pretty red berries.

And here is one of the pots of lovely flowers my husband potted for us to enjoy. 

I hope you have a place to go and relax and enjoy where you live. Everyone needs a little space to call their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment