Sunday, April 25, 2010

Flowers!

I live in the deep South... so fall is a stranger to me. I love the pictures I see of autumn... I love the thought of it and the little teasing hints we get in October... but it is a rare treat here to have all that glorious fall color.  But what we lack in the fall, we make up for in the Spring!  Here are a few shots of the things blooming and growing at my house.

Our regular azaleas bloomed several weeks ago (didn't get any pix!) but we have some late bloomers in the back yard.. in fact, these bloom several times a year.  The buds have just started teasing us with color this week. I am hopeful that next week they will be full of red blooms!
My husband fell in love with Foxgloves when we were walking through the nurseries over the past few weeks, so we now have several planted in pots around the yard with yellow lantana and white and purple petunias.  The flowers on the foxgloves are so delicate and fragile looking to me.

Here is a bit of the yellow lantana... a nice punch of color!








I adore Petunias! 












                                                       Hubby loves salvia...
















We both like verbena... I chose PINK this year (my friends know why!  LOL!)... it looks really great with the bright green sweet potato vine leaves!


Or with a bit of sunshine lighting it up...



Take time to stop and enjoy the flowers in your life today!

No comments:

Post a Comment