Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The ball is rolling....

A month or so ago it was announced that our church would be making 2 mission trips outside the US this year... both to Haiti / Dominican Republic... one in June (a construction oriented trip) and the other in September (Medical Missions).  Our children (19 & 24.. not really children!) have both indicated they hope to be involved in Missions out of the country at some point (both have participated in the US for years).  This year is going to be Luke's year..just a few weeks prior to his 20th birthday, my baby (yes, he is my baby.. always will be!) is going to hop on a plane for the first time and leave the US.. no doubt for the first time.. to go help build a home for a family in Haiti.  He is pumped!

God has given him complete peace about the financial part.. HE will provide (Jehovah-Jireh!).. so about 3 weeks ago, Luke and I went to the Post Office and applied for his passport.. and today an envelope arrived..



It's Here!  I haven't seen the actual passport yet. Luke is on his way home from Texas where he and a team from our church have been working with Mission Arlington .... doing Missions stateside.  

And so the ball is rolling... June 3 will be here soon and he will be leaving on that jet plane... I have no doubt this is the first of many departures for this one who loves the Lord with all His heart, soul, mind and might.  He makes me proud and shames me all at the same time. I did not have that devotion and passion at 19.. don't think I have it at 49.. I praise the Lord for all He has done and continues to do through my children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment