Friday, April 13, 2012

A Different Kind of Candlelight Dinner

Years ago my husband landscaped our back yard.  I have shared many photos of the flowers blooming and such.  We have worked on the beds over the years adding this and that. Everything has grown and is so lush and lovely.  2 years ago he added some iron stakes that hold these glass containers which in turn hold candles.  They are spread throughout the garden and when they are lit, it is magical!  

We are having an amazing Spring here in Mississippi. The mild winter melded into gentle spring warmth and has given us amazing color and scents from flowers blooming everywhere!  And our temperatures and humidity have been staying low and sweet.  I would love for it to stay like this for many, many months. But alas, I know the spring will soon give way to summer and the heat and humidity of the deep South will return as it faithfully does each year. 

In the meantime, Bill and I have decided to enjoy it while we can!  Sunday night I was reheating some leftovers for us. I went to put my plate on the kitchen table and he shooed me out the back door to the patio... where I found the outside table set with linens and a candle and all the garden candles were lit. Magic!  

It is a bit dark, but here is the view from the patio table.  

I wish you could smell the light scent of our confederate jasmine as it wafts by on the wind.

It was quiet except for an occasional frog croak or a dog barking in the distance.  Even the 2 wild wiener dogs were quiet as they explored the flower beds (their own personal jungle) looking for frogs and bugs and such.  

We will continue to eat by candlelight in the garden as long as the weather permits.  There is just something special about eating outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment