Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter

I realized, as I was uploading pictures from my phone, that I failed to take pictures of the people involved in our celebrating Easter!  I do that a lot!  It is easy to think to take pictures beforehand, but once we start eating and talking and having fun, well the camera is forgotten.

We had a truly lovely Easter.  As with every Sunday, we went to Church.  One of the things I love about our church is the Come as You are Attitude.  Yes, there were some in suits and some in new dresses.. especially the little girls.  But there were lots of folks, like us, in clothes we have wore to church many times before and even some in jeans.  And no one was offended or rude or such about it.  It really isn't about the clothes!  Normally Bill and I sit with friends, but this Sunday our 2 young adult children sat with us and our daughter's fella was in town. Son has a girl, but she was with her family.

Afterwards, we gathered at our home.. my mom joined us.  We had a lovely meal with lots of story telling and laughter and fun.  It was just what every family holiday should be.

This was the first year in a long while that we did not have extra folks. We often have some of mother's friends who have no where to go or our kid's friends from college who aren't going home. Not so this year.. not really sure why. It seems everyone had somewhere to go this year.

I do the cooking... my husband sets the table. I have shared on here before his artistic flare. He loves to set a table. And while we often have folks marvel at the tablescape, honestly, we are use to it. We love it.. but we also expect it.  It is the "norm" here for holidays. Even our everyday table is set with linens and flowers.  It makes no sense to save the "nice" things in life for guests and never use them for yourselves.

Here is a look at our table.. no food on it, we serve that buffet style!  But trust me, there was plenty!


Above all we took time to celebrate our Risen Lord who is alive forevermore!  I hope you know Him and share in the power of His Resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment