Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Enjoying the Rain

It has been raining all day here today... some pretty heavy rain at times. But this afternoon it has tapered off to a steady slow rhythm that has enticed the birds to come out of their hiding places and play!  I wish I could video tape them. Their antics and singing is so fun!  I have seen a mockingbird splashing in a puddle... hubby saw a blue bird enjoying a break from nest watching to have a splash.  The cardinals are singing as loud as they can and getting what little food is left in the feeders. Of course the finches and sparrows and chickadees are flitting here and there. But the surprise for me came when I saw a male Rose Breasted Grosbeak on the bird feeder... and he didn't fly away as I ran in the house for the camera and then got as close as I could for a shot!  The rain and lack of sunshine don't make these these prettiest photo ever, but still... he was fun to watch.



He had a lady friend with him, but she was camera shy. After all it is raining, no doubt her feathers are a mess!  LOL!  

Thank you, Lord for birds!  

No comments:

Post a Comment