Friday, April 27, 2012

Morning Walk

I enjoy morning walks, especially in my neighborhood.. which is a great place to live!  We have been here 20+ years.. so it is home.. we are rooted here.  As I was walking yesterday, I took some pictures. I tried desperately to snap some shots of the crazy squirrels and their antics, but they would never let me get close enough.  I also tried to capture some pictures of the lovely birds that fill our trees with their songs, but again.. they skittered away. There was this one fat robin that I tried to stealthily chase down.. didn't work!  Evidently, I don't have what it takes to be a stalker.

But I did get shots of flowers and such... one of my favorite subjects!


A number of our neighbors have knock-out roses in this vibrant red-pink color.


These neighbors always have lovely blooms in their yard!


Our neighborhood was built in the early 1970s, so we have nice big lush trees for shade 
and to house those crazy squirrels and melodic birds.


So the sun was soo bright that this picture didn't come out like I wanted.. BUT you can see the size of this majestic pine and also the gorgeous blue sky we enjoyed here yesterday.


I love oleander!


Horrible photo.. I know.. I am determined to take another and post soon. But I wanted you to see the vibrant color of this clematis.  Isn't it gorgeous!?



Yes, that is a bush... look at the depth of variation of the greens. I love the greens of nature!


The cross in this yard is cute, but I took this shot because of those ropes. They have foot loops at the bottom. I have no doubt you will often find children swinging and giggling here.  Fun!


A reminder to STOP today and enjoy the beauty the Lord has placed all around you. 

There is nothing like Spring in the South!






No comments:

Post a Comment