Friday, February 15, 2013

Blessings continue....

51. Using old family things like crystal and plates and such.

52. 3 roses.. every year my husband gives me a white rose, our daughter a pink rose and our son a red rose for Valentine's Day.

53. Sunshine!  We have been having weeks of gray skies and rain.. sooo soggy here. Yesterday and today have been bright sunshiny days which I am loving!

54. My servants.. LOL!  A friend calls all our modern conveniences her servants.. in reference to the Proverbs 31 woman's servant girls (Prov 31:15).  So far today I have had my dishwasher, washer, and iron serving me.

55. Towels!  As I mentioned earlier we have had lots of rain lately and our poor yard is soggy and has some muddy spots.  The 2 pups who live here are indoor doggies, but go out regularly to do what dogs do outside. They are both low to the ground, which means they come in with wet paws and bellies!  And one of them loves to splash through mud puddles!  So I am very thankful for towels and wash clothes to clean them up (and again for a servant that washes all those towels and wash clothes!).

56. Family times... last night part of our family gathered to celebrate our daughter's 25th birthday. It was not grand affair.. but so wonderful.. we sat around our old kitchen table (been in my husband's family for several generations).. eating homemade lasagna... laughing.. conversing... lingering... it was lovely!

57. "Jean" Dates... My mother's name, my daughter and I all have the same middle name.. Jean. And Lord willing, I will one day have a granddaughter with that middle name. (We really love tradition here!)  The 3 "Jeans" try to have some just us time every now and then.... we got to do that this week with lunch out together. It was a hoot!  Such great memories being made!

58. Hot tea with honey... I love hot tea and I especially love it with honey.. local honey to be exact. And with this weather we have had lately, I have loved it more as it has soothed an itchy throat and help with coughs.

59. Waking up with a song playing in my head... 99% of the time it is a worship song or hymn... and it usually sticks with me all day. Love it!

60. NOT being on a cruise.. LOL!  This week a cruise ship broke down in the Gulf of Mexico and the passengers and crew (4600) were stranded with no power and little plumbing for several days as it was slowly towed to shore.  Far from an ideal situation!  Glad I was home.. on dry ground.. not stuck with a boat load of cranky folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment