Saturday, February 16, 2013

Primos

Primos is a local restaurant that has been in the Jackson area since the 1940s. My folks lived here from 1950 - 1956 and ate there at Primos Cafe.  This is a photo of the original Primos...



After my husband and I moved up here, we started eating at Primos (it had moved to a new location). In fact, when I was pregnant with our first child, I had horrible all day morning sickness. When it finally started to subside a bit, the only thing I could eat and keep down was a grilled cheese and homemade veggie soup from Primos. I ate it daily!  The day our daughter was born, friends took Bill to lunch while I got a much needed nap.. they walked across the street from the hospital to.. Primos!

I worked around the corner from the Cafe and had many business breakfasts and lunches there.

And then tragedy struck... a fire.. and Primos was gone!

But not for long. They rebuilt.. in 2 locations.. and we were back in business!

Our kids have grown up eating there. It is a family favorite.  And it is still my favorite local hangout with my husband.  It is a bit like going to eat with family.  Home cooking.. daily specials.. and the bakery!  Oh my!  Primos is known for their bakery.. petit fours, cookies, mini pecan tarts, caramel cake, and so much more!

Primos is far from fancy.... and we like that about it... friendly hometown cafe where you can just go and be yourself and laugh with the locals...

This is what the Cafe we ate at looked like before the fire.



This is the front of one of the new locations... Love the neon!



The interior is very reminiscent of the original... in fact, some of the booths came from there and were refurbished.



Love the tables.... so 50s.



One of my favorites.. Chicken Pot Pie with a homemade Primo biscuit on top.



And lastly the bakery.. which was sooo empty the other night!  This was the day before Valentine's and they had been picked over by folks grabbing up goodies for V-Day parties.






No comments:

Post a Comment