Saturday, February 9, 2013

Picking up where I left off...

Last year (or maybe even before then!) I started posting blessings. The plan was to post 10 a week. The plan failed. :-(  Life got in the way and I chose other things over blogging.

Well I started reading Ann Voskamp's books One Thousand Gifts recently. In it she talks of making a list of 1000 things that she is thankful for.. I am once again challenged.  And the thing I love about her list (what I have read so far) are that they are often the ordinary things we take for granted each and every day.. a bird, heat in the house, the mess of having children underfoot (my nest is almost empty, so trust me I know that one really is a blessing!)... 

I posted 40 things last year.. so today I am going to pick up where I left off. I like to write (talk with my fingers) so I tend to feel the need to expound on each thing I list. I think that is why I often didn't get around to it.. no time to go into detail.  This year I am not going to worry about that.. the details.. they may come at times, but even if all I can do is list some things.. that will be enough.

Thankfulness keeps me focused on God.. on His being at work in my life and the world around me.. lifts my spirits and encourages me to keep on..

41. Boxes of fabric ready to become quilts to wrap others in a cocoon of love
42. A car pulled through the carport and parked on the patio (yep.. on the patio).. that means the nest isn't quite empty yet. We still have 1 "child" at home for a bit longer.
43. My daughter's tweets which are often quotes... we share a love for good quotes!
44. An over-crowded deep freeze... means there is food to eat for the days to come.
45. Bowl full of my husband's freshly made pimento cheese.. yum!  Also means our child that doesn't live at home will be coming by.. she loves her daddy's 'minter cheese.  :-)
46. Quietness...
47. Watching our 2 furbabies play and wrestle with each other.. especially when Miss Mia gets fired up and starts to bark that sassy little bark of hers!
48. Seeing God at work in a very personal way in the life of someone I love
49. Online Bible Study with new friends (Let It Go study)
50. A clean kitchen... which I will have once I get off the computer! LOL!




No comments:

Post a Comment