Monday, February 25, 2013

The counting continues....

61. New Bluebird Houses (see earlier post)

62. Hearing my musician son play and sing (he will leave the nest soon and I won't have him providing the soundtrack for my days any more)

63. The weekend... it has been one of those weeks and it is nice to be home doing normal home stuff and just relaxing with my husband.

64. Hints of spring.. I see little green buds and flowers popping up here and there.. Spring will be exploding here very soon!

65. Hot tea and honey... I am nursing a bit of a scratchy sore throat.. the beginnings of a cold I fear.. and I am so thankful for hot tea with honey to soothe it.

66. Fabric... I probably have mentioned this one before... but I love being able to cut and sew and create quilts for us and others... and even tiny little scraps no one really wants can be used to create a bit of quilted love.

67. Organizations like Quilts for Kids, Project Linus, Quilts of Valor etc. that provide quilts for children and veterans in the hospital.. and provide a way for quilters to use their skills to touch someone's life.

68. Podcasts... I love that I can listen to sermons given years ago and / or miles and miles away with just a touch of a finger.  One of the wonders and blessings of technology.

69. Time with my mom... Mother is 81. She has a pacemaker check this week and afterwards we had lunch at a favorite little cafe and then went to a bookstore.  Simple things... just a bit of time... special memories.

70. Crockpots.. again, I have probably mentioned these before, but I am a huge lover of slow cookers and use them several times a week.  Earlier this week I made Rotel Dip in one for Bible study... last weekend I made Hobo Stew.. today I have a new recipe I am trying out.. Tamale Pie (thankful for a husband who is adventurous!) Crockpots are one of my favorite servants!


No comments:

Post a Comment